Edinburg, TX

i have a baby and just found out i'm pregnant. the pa at my dr's office told me i had to quit nursing now because it causes contractions. is it true?

No: I have had moms successfully feed a newborn and a 15mo at the same time.I find it no more dramatic than feeding twins.Yet there is some value in weaning the first if s/he is ready. If the baby is > 8mo, makes quick work of the feed or must be chased down for a feeding, weaning may be reasonable. If baby needs the feed for nuturing, lingering at each feed, do what you think is best for the two of you.