is there a risk of kidney disease, taking any of the high blood pressure medications?

Dr. Luis Bendezu
Not really: Blood pressure pills, when used as directed, can often times prevent kidney disease associated with high blood pressure. Lisinopril can occasionally raise your serum creatinine (kidney test), but this is not uncommon and does not necessarily mean it is hurting your kidneys. Your doctor would follow this to be sure.
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
BP med: Kidney disease is not induced by BP medication, unless an allergic reaction evolved. This is very rare. Lisinopril is a terrific BP lowering med; it preserves kidney tissue from hypertensive damage; lisinopril and other ACEI can result in a reduction in kidney function that is transient and is due to arterial disease in the kidney arteries; thus cautions accompany ACEI Rx and Docs must check lab