are there things i can do to properly deal with my anger?

Dealing w anger: Anger is a normal human emotion. However, some people become angry over seemingly trivial things. The intensity of their anger may be excessive for the situation. If this is the case it is important to check out the cause. How anger is expressed behaviorally is very important. If expressed aggressively or w violence – that could be problematic. Passive- agressive expression of anger does not help.
Provided original answer
situations. Sometimes anger is “swallowed” with alcohol. Or it can be pushed deep down and bloom into anxiety or depression. Impulse control associated with anger can be decreased in disorders like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & Bipolar Disorder. Sometimes problems with anger may even be related to medical conditions. The bottom line is that if anger is a problem – it would be best to assess it medically. In the meantime there are ways to deal with anger. One simple tip- count to ten before acting on the urge to impulsively harm someone physically or emotionally. Reduce anger by deep breathing. Breath in deeply & slowly through the nostrils. Hold air in lungs for a 5 count before slowly exhaling through an open mouth. Repeat until you cool your jets. Focus on your breathing not what is making you angry. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is excellent for dealing with anger problems. Getting physical through aerobic activity is an excellent way to help keep anger in check. There are more serene ways to do it – including tai chi, qi gong, acupuncture, massage & meditation.
Jul 14, 2013