U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

Could you buy an anesthetic that knocks you out?

2 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lewis Margolis
49 years experience
Anesthetics: General anesthetics are controlled substances that are usually supplied as liquids, to be vaporized in anesthesia machines. Ether and chloroform are liquids that may be used to saturate a cloth and could be used to cover one's nose and mouth. This is dangerous and should not be attempted.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard commented
Anesthesiology 31 years experience
This is also highly illegal
Jul 15, 2013
Dr. Gary Roach
Anesthesiology 43 years experience
No: This can only be obtained illegally unless you are a physician.
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 30 years experience
Why would you? In the wake of Michael Jackson, seems like an incredible thing to contemplate.
Jul 16, 2013

Related questions

A 47-year-old member asked:
Do anesthetics keep you from feeling all pain?
3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 28-year-old male asked:
What is the definition or description of: anesthetic?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
Is it possible to get anesthetics in the form of pills?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 24-year-old male asked:
What does being put under general anesthetics feel like?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
Is it unusual a person to have slow reaction to anesthetic?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 11, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.