A member asked:

I have a little dark reddish ball of skin under my right arm pit. cant tell if its a mole or skin tag..it hurts, is this a sign of it being cancerous?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Amy Deeken answered

Specializes in Pathology

Not always: Many times skin tags and moles (nevi) in this area get irritated by clothing rubbing on them. This can cause them to hurt or even bleed. Since it is causing symptoms, please have it checked by a doctor to be sure. They can determine if a biopsy is necessary to be sure it is not malignant (cancer).

Answered 12/2/2014


Dr. John Munshower answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Can't tell: Lesions can not really be diagnosed over the computer and one would never know for sure what it is without an exam. Generally speaking though, it sounds more like an irritated skin tag. But, as stated, have it looked at by a dr. For a definitive diagnosis, good luck.

Answered 12/28/2022



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question