United Kingdom

I got red pimples back of my tongue, and pain in my throat and is red, i took antibiotics also medicine for inflammation but no result.wht it could be?

Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Prosthodontics 47 years experience
Candida possibly: When one takes antibiotics, you kill off both bad and good bacteria. Often candida albacans, which is a fungus/yeast that normally occurs in the mouth, overgrows after the antibiotic has suppressed the good oral bacteria. Another possibility is an infection with the coxsackie virus. See a dentist or physician for exact diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Michael Farr
Specializes in Dentistry
Don't know: See your physician first and get a culture done to identify the offending bug, then treat.
Last updated Sep 14, 2015