Owosso, MI

i am about 4 weeks pregnant and touched a electric fence today and got shocked. my son was in my arms too, is there any risk to the fetus or my son?

Dr. David Schechter
Depends on strength: See your doctor as an electric shock can do damage or injury to your heart and other issues depending on how strong it was. See a physician or emergency room doctor. They can also evaluate your very early pregnancy and discuss risks and followup. Take care.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
No : Ouch. Knowing that you were not electrocuted at the time you were touching it fence it is safe to assume that is well.
Dr. Sathish Adigopula
.: Electric fence is a high voltage. And also organ development in fetus starts by 3-8 weeks of pregnancy. So i would advise you to check with your OB to see if everything is fine. Especially heart rate.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014