Okatie, SC

eevery couple months i have a spell where i get light headed dizzy and weak that i assume is my blood sugar dropping. should i be concerned?

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Don't assume: As hypoglycemia is vanishingly rate. Symptoms include nervousness, sweating, hunger, anxiety, blurred vision, fatigue, fast heart rate, etc. -- however unless you have diabetes and are on Insulin or other medication, have renal or liver disease, cancer or prior stomach surgery -- then true hypoglycemia never occurs in human beings. If it a very frequently and incorrectly made diagnosis.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Only way to: Know for sure is to measure it when you have symptoms. But it could also be low blood pressure or anemia. Have it checked out by a doctor.