Belmar, NJ

I had strep throat took abt and now i have red bumps on my left palm that do not itch but causes skin breaks that get scaly?

Dr. Holly Maes
Scarletina...: Some strains of strep that cause strep throat also secrete a toxin that can cause skin things to go on. One of these is exactly what you are describing - the cracking palms. You can also develop a fine red rash on the body - that's what your great-grandma used to call scarlet fever. As long as you have taken your antibiotics as directed, this will pass and you will be fine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016