My ankles are sore during the night time and feel cold. this is giving me trouble sleeping. im on regular vitamins, eat and exercise well. aged 21.

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 23 years experience
Nerves irritated: The nerves in the foot may be being compressed. The fact that you mention the symptoms occur when trying to sleep, consider having your back checked. Nerves in the feet stem from there and changes in back position can sometimes contribute to pain distally in the feet.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See below: Try using a heating pad for 20 minutes around the ankles prior to bed. Try taking an aleve (naproxen) before bedtime.

Last updated Dec 10, 2013