Pakistan

Why is someone like me (22, fairly healthy male with normal health test) in very low risk of getting cad or heart problems then someone who is older?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Coronary Arteries: I hear your frustration but there is nothing in your question to explain what is really happening; what tests have been done; what your family history is like; and what the doctors there on the ground are telling you. This does sound significant and i would hope for you a good health care team to help you prevent complications.
Dr. Matthew Cooper
Thoracic Surgery 39 years experience
Genetics plus : Heart disease is a function of genetics, controllable risk factors (such as diet, smoking, diabetes, cholesterol level) and factors that accumulate over the course of a life time. Thus, the term acquired heart disease as opposed to something you are born with.

Last updated Sep 26, 2013