A member asked:

Is there any doctors who specialize in irregular heart beat i had a cad and other test that show my heart is healthy but ekg's show irregularheart. i am on metoprolol 25 mg.any suggestion would be helpful.thanks

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Joshua Buckler answered

Specializes in Cardiology

Typically : Typically a general cardiologist is a good place to start. If there is any evidence of significant abnormal electrical activity (arrhythmia) then you will sometimes be referred to an electrophysiologist, who is a cardiologist who specializes in the electrical activity of the heart.

Answered 10/3/2016


Dr. Anthony Furnary answered

Specializes in

Electrophysiologist: A cardiology specialist called an electrophysiologist -- or "ep "" for short. They specialize in heart rhythm disturbances.

Answered 4/20/2014



Related Questions

A member asked:

Can metopolo cure irregular heart beat?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor