Las Vegas, NV

can asthma cause any kind of body aches? my shoulders my back hurt and my chest a lil. also have cervical neck problems can it be from that?

Dr. Powlin Manuel
Allergy and Immunology 51 years experience
Asthma doesn't !: No, asthma doesn't cause body aches.
Dr. Matthew Majzun
Pulmonary Critical Care 14 years experience
Not usually: Some patients may have chest "tightness" or a vague aching pain especially during a flare up, but it isn't likely that your asthma is causing other joint problems. There are however other lung diseases that are associated with joint priblems, and they may "look like" asthma. You would need more evaluation to know if this is the case, but frankly it's more likely that they are unrelated.
Dr. David Liu
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 19 years experience
Sometimes: If your asthma is not well treated, it can cause tightness from excessive use of the muscles that help you breathe. But your neck problem can also cause shoulder pain. You should see your primary care provider.