Iran

Hi i have a daughter my daughter sweats when breastfeeding or sleeping too the main area that has a lot of sweat is behind the head of my daughter

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology 30 years experience
Does she have a ...: Fever? Is she eating well, gaining weight? Has she always sweated like this? If the answers (in order) are no, yes, yes and yes, there is nothing to worry about. It is probably normal for her. However, if the environment is hot, or she is overdressed or covered with too many blankets, etc, that may be making her sweat too.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Shariq Refai
Does not seem: This does not seem concerning. If she is not having difficulty feeding and is not constantly crying as if something is wrong, then sweating doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. Just monitor her and keep her in a cool place such as in a fan or a/c making sure she is not hot or dehydrated. Also monitor to make sure her color doesn't change while feeding as this could mean more underlying issues.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
If it persists, a neurologic consult to r/o sleep apnea or a problem with the part of her autonomic nervous system that controls sweating would be reasonable.
Sep 7, 2013
Last updated Jan 12, 2021