Saratoga, CA

what are the chances of a 26 year old with no family history of colon cancer and no genetic disorders having colorectal cancer or polyps?

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology 29 years experience
Very low: However, I am curious why you ask. I suspect it is because of rectal bleeding (mentioned in your conditions), which is a medical problem you need to get evaluated right away, to find out what is causing it. Please see your doctor for a complete history and physical, and to get properly evaluated for your rectal bleeding and any other medical problems you may have.
Dr. Douglas Beall
Radiology 28 years experience
It is possible: It is certainly possible. Some of the familial polyposis syndroms don't necessarily have to have a family history to be present.

Last updated Oct 24, 2017