Egypt

If i have a blind spot in my right eye, could it be treated (medicine/surgery)? does working with computers/reading/crying.. etc, make it worse?

Dr. Holly Maes
We all have one!: Everyone has "blind spot" in each eye - this is entirely normal. If you are saying you have lost vision in an area of the retina not the usual blind spot, then it depends on what caused this to happen and how long ago as to whether or not anything can be done about it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology 31 years experience
Talk to MD: It depends on what is causing the blind spot as to wether it can be treated. Some lesions of this type are permanent. If the lesion is fixed then nothing you can do should make it worse. Talk to an opthamologist about this problem. Good luck.
Dr. Tod Haller
Ophthalmology 17 years experience
Depends on what the : Blind spot is. Everyone has a blind spot, but their brains are unaware of this blind spot. I assume this is not the blind spot you're talking about. If you actually see a blind spot in your vision, then you need to see and ophthalmologist immediately. Some of those things can be treated, but some of them cannot. You just want to make sure that it is something that's not going to get larger.
Last updated Apr 24, 2015