circumcision okay at older age?

Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Any age: If foreskin is tight (phimosis) or you change your religion.
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Provided original answer
Most men want it done under general anesthesia, however can be done under local anesthesia if subject is scared of anesthesia or has to pay out of pocket due to lack of insurance or high co-pays.
Sep 12, 2012
Dr. Darren Mack
Urology 12 years experience
Yes: Circumcision is a safe and effective option to remove the foreskin no matter what one's age is. With proper pre-operative evaluation and counseling about the risks and benefits, a circumcision is a well tolerated surgery when done appropriately.