U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old member asked:

What do you recommemd for sinus problems?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Specializes in Family Medicine
Cause: First find out the cause [allergies, infection, polyps, etc.] then the treatment should be directed towards the cause not the symptoms.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 41 years experience
GO to ENT: Use neilmed rinse with saline solution into your nostrils. You may use decongestants ( phenylephrine) in pills or nasal spray. Also a nasal cortisone spray twice daily ( flonase, Nasonex (mometasone) etc) may be helpful. If there is fever with facial pressure may be an antibiotic may help. If you are desperate go to ent. Most of the time there is an allergic component req. Antihistamines or cortisone in pill.

Related questions

A 48-year-old member asked:
Please explain why I have sinus problems for years?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
Could you tell me why I have sinus problems for years?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old male asked:
What is the definition or description of: sinus problem?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 17-year-old female asked:
What can cause sinus problems? What is it? How can we cure it? Make it better?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 26-year-old female asked:
If you have a really bad sinus problem could it make you have a coughing fit? If so, why?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 3, 2016

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.