intra abdominal testicle removed in emergency appendix operation. later ct scan showed enlarged lymph node? what is my next step in evaluation? pet?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
38 years experience General Surgery
Depends: Was the pathology from the appendix & intra-abdomial testicle benign? Why were you having the surgery? Appendicitis? How long ago was the surgery? If the initial pathology was all benign then ct scan was likely not needed & nothing further is needed as the lymph node is likely a normal reactive node from the surgery itself.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
2
Dr. Alexander Barkan
23 years experience General Surgery
Wild story: Seems like a lot is going on. Your post has more questions then answers. Recommend follow up with your surgeon who took out your appendix because maybe he saw something during surgery that can answer the lymph node question.
Answered on Mar 12, 2020
2