U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old male asked about a 55-year-old male:

My father is suffering from liver cirhosis .50% of his liver damage. now he follwoing diet and monitiering liver health. what would you recommend. ?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Love him: Cirrhosis often regresses at least partially when the cause is found and removed / treated. Maybe he'll be a candidate for a transplant. I recommend, above all, enjoying the time you have together -- he may well have been granted a reprieve from what would have been certain death, and i'm happy for you both.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Progressive disease: Can not be reversed but can hold on by what he is doing plus avoiding alcohol & hepato toxic drugs ( including illegal ones ).

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 54-year-old male asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 16-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 62-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 22, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.