U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old member asked:

i have atrial fibrillation but the blood work and ecg are normal. how is that?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Daniel Weiss
Cardiac Electrophysiology 34 years experience
Fleeting AF: Many people are not in atrial fibrillation continuously but, rather, on and off. An ECG is a 12 second strip - you may have been in an "off" period (in normal rhythm) during the ECG recording. Blood work is usually not affected in atrial fibrillation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A member asked:

Can I take blood pressure pills while breastfeeding?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Pediatrics 22 years experience
Yes: But this depends heavily on what medication you are taking. Post more info on the specifics and we can be more help if possible.
A 40-year-old member asked:

Can low blood sugar cause someone to become comatose?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
If low enough: Yes. The brain relies on glucose for fuel. If glucose is too low it can harm the brain in serious ways.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 46-year-old member asked:

Is it possible for one to fake a high fasting blood sugar level?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
With fingersticks: If the hands and fingers aren't clean and dry, home blood sugar readings may be inaccurate. Sugar on the fingers could end up falsely elevating blood sugar. A concomitant venous sample in lab could demonstrate a discrepancy. Also, the meter may be inaccurate. Eating before a fasting blood sugar may raise the blood sugar in someone with diabetes because it would not be fasting anymore.
Louisville, KY
A 55-year-old female asked:

Can l-arginine lower blood pressure & if so what is recommended dosage?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Possibly beneficial: In some people. Arginine is converted to nitric oxide, which has a relaxing effect on blood vessels & can thus reduce blood pressure somewhat. No standardized dose has been recommended. Be advised that arginine can also trigger or worsen viral infections like herpes. Discuss this supplement with your doc before taking it.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Sep 25, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.