U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

I have been having abdominal pain in the right lower side for months now. is this irritable bowel sydrome or chronic appendicitis?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Surgery 41 years experience
Many things: Chronic appendicitis is highly unlikely to occur. Many things cause pain; ovary, urinary infection, kidney stone, muscles, nerve injury, chronic constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, etc. Need to see a doctor for full medical history and physical exam.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 24, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.