can interstitial cystitis cause blood in the urine?

Dr. Muhammad Irfan
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Yes: Any bladder infection may cause blood to appear in urine. However need to see doctor for accurate diagnosis and rx.

Would mitral regurgitation cuase someone to have a decreased red blood count, and would a blood transfusion help the case?

Dr. Brian Mott
Thoracic Surgery 29 years experience
It could: Severe mr with turbulent flow can cause hemolysis of rbcs. Although a transfusion will top you off it won't solve the underlying problem.

I got epidydmo orchitis and took antibiotics for almost one month. But pain still there. Blood tests and ultrsound and urinetest are good.?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Still healing?: If the epididymitis was cleared by the antibiotic, the symptoms should have remitted by now. Possibly there is residual cord inflammation leading to persistent pain. You didn't mention if the physical exam was normal or not. Please see your doctor for an actual examination again, or consult a urologist to see what's going on.
United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Hi im on trimethrprim for a bladder infection, been on them 4 days and have 2 tablets at 200mg a day, can u get side affects even after 4 days?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Yes: Many side effects possible. Rash and GI upset and diarrhea are common.
Evanston, IL

My urine test showed nitrates and leucocytes, but the culture was normal. I'm still very uncomfortable. Should I keep taking antibiotics ?

Dr. Shahid Rafique
Treat it: Symptoms of urgency, frequency and burning with the urinary nitrites and leukocytes should be treated. Such infections sometimes do not yield a culture because the specimen was taken after you took the antibiotics or specimen was not collected or transported properly. Symptomatic urinary tract infection should be treated.

Period is 4wks late..Iv had pregnancy symptoms but neg blood&urine. Could it still be pregnancy? Waist increased 1inch since last week.

Dr. Adam Newman
Unlikely: If all testing negative, i doubt it. You may have simply not ovulated last cycle and that is why you are so late. Are your periods normally regular? Check with your obgyn and good luck.

Last updated Apr 18, 2021