I get a skin rash on my lower legs after i stand on my feet allday long. what should i do?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Leg rash?: Is it a rash? Or skin blotching? Is it under the skin or is it rough to touch? Do you have varicose veins? It could be from blood pooling from constant standing. Elevate your legs once at home.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 15 years experience
Swelling: This may relate to swelling of your feet from standing all day. The swelling of your legs can extend the skin and irritate it. Treat the underlying cause of the swelling and this may help with the rash due to standing all day. Hope this helps.
Dr. Robert Hartman
Dermatology 40 years experience
Capillaritis: Minute red dots that appear after standing all day is called a capillaritis. Do you have varicose veins? That could also contribute to your problem.
Last updated Jul 5, 2019