U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Ramon, CA
A 35-year-old female asked:

Having high testosterone levels prevent ovulation and or pregnancy? if so... what test should i have done to check my levels?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine 51 years experience
High testosterone: I suggest having blood test for total, free testosterone and shbh (sex hormone binding globulin). If elevated treatment will depend upon the source of the testosterone production ie. Ovary or adrenal.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.