U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

What kind of doctor sees somebody for sever's disease?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Pulmonary Critical Care 26 years experience
Sports Medicine: Sports medicine specialist, orthopedic doctor, or primary care physician.
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry 15 years experience
Foot and Ankle: This is easily evaluated by a physician that has been trained in the foot and ankle. This would include podiatrists and foot and ankle orthopedists. Ask for the recommendations of family, friends and you pcp for a great place to get a referral. You can also check out: www.Acfas.Org, www.Apma.Org, and www.Aaos.Org for local providers.
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry 39 years experience
Foot Specialist: Sever's disease is a common overuse condition in children. See your foot specialist for evaluation. Icing, shoes with a heel lift, limiting fitness activity to tolerance, stretching and good supports. This will usually cause no permanent damage. May take weeks to months to resolve. Dr l.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 51-year-old member asked:

What kind of doctor sees somebody for diverticulitis symptoms?

2 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Arthur Heller
Gastroenterology 44 years experience
FP/IM/gastro/surgeon: Internist or fp might see patient first; gastroenterologist commonly sees this; colorectal surgeon may see the more severe case. Severe cases can have pus pockets (abscesses), as well as fistulas (abnormal connections between organs), and require drainage by interventional radiologist or surgeon.
A 30-year-old member asked:

Why kind of doctor should I see about rare / tropic disease?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
Infectious disease : Their are specialists called infectious disease doctorsr that can help you with this.

Related questions

A 21-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 29, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.