East Peoria, IL

i have recently been treated for pid of unknown origin. my symptoms are back. will i have to undergo iv therapy? should my fiance be treated?

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Possibly: If you're been treated for pid before and you have it again, you may or may not need IV therapy, depending on your clinical picture. You should definitely see a physician right away to determine the type of antibiotic treatment you need. Your partner should also be treated. Pid can cause scarring and infertility, so definitely be seen as soon as possible.
Dr. Jaime Marks
It depends: I am sorry that your symptoms are back. If you have pelvic inflammatory disease (pid)you should notify all of your partners so that they can be treated. You should see your physician to repeat testing for sexually transmitted infections as there could be other causes for your symptoms. If positive your fiance should be treated. Whether you need IV or not will depend on the cause and severity.