West Jordan, UT

I have been using bio-iden. estrogen/progest for 4 months due to hot flashes & insomnia. gained a lot of weight. can i stop or have to do slowly?

Dr. Barbara Toohill
Clinical Psychology 12 years experience
Talk to doc: Any time that you are making changes to your medication regimen, you always want to get the input of the physician prescribing that medication. That being said, they may wish to ease you off of a medication that is controlling hormonal activity in order to give your body time to adjust and minimize side effects of discontinuation.
Dr. Collin Smikle
Hot flashes: Have you done any testing to determine why you may be having hot flashes? If you have, were the results elevated? If not, what other tests were done? I would recommend getting a better understanding about what could be the underlying cause for the problem rather than trying to adjust the symptoms.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016