can vitamin b12 helps with nerve regeneration?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Maybe help!: If you are B12 deficient, absolutely. But it is prudent to take B12 if you have nerve damage from any cause!

Is it safe to take vitamin b5 while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Yes: It is one of the vitamins in your daily prenatal vitamin so you probably don't need anymore. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Our bodies absorb vitamins much better through unprocessed foods than supplements.

Is it safe to take vitamin B9 while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Dr. Eugene Louie-Ng
Yes: This is just another name for folic acid, which is a recommended supplement in pregnancy to prevent neural tube defects.

Is it safe to take vitamin C while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Yes: You can take vit c supplements while pregnant or breastfeeding but you should not exceed recommended dosing. You will get more with eating lots of fruits and vegetables high in vitamin c. Our bodies absorb vitamins much better when presented in unprocessed foods. Plus if you are taking a multivitamin everyday that will also have vitamin C in it. Too many vtiamin supplements are not good.

If I can only stomach a children's vitamin should I take double the recommended dosage?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Yes: Yes, most of the time doubling a children's vitamin should be safe, but check content also, since too much of certain vitamins can be embryo toxic such as vitamin a. Make sure you take at least 1000 mcg of folic acid. Dha, omega 3 fatty acid, is also recommended now, omega 3 fatty acids.

My doctor thinks I have apinched nervein my neck and wants to do anemg test? What does emg stand for, and how will this test help my doctor

Dr. Craig Morton
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 18 years experience
Electromyography: This test will help provide your physician isolate which nerve is irritated and to what degree the severity is. There are many nerves that can be "pinched" in the neck and treament options may vary depending on which nerve is involved.

Last updated Mar 31, 2018