i am overweight and have dark marks in my stomach rolls in between my legs and armpits. what can i do to reduce this? after & while losing weight? tia

Dr. Nicole Bressler
8 years experience Emergency Medicine
Control Weight: The dark skin areas may be something called acanthosis nigricans; this can be associated with poorly controlled diabetes, but may have several other sources. Being overweight is a risk factor for blood sugar problems like diabetes. When the blood sugar is normalized it may go away. See your physician, as there are many other causes of this condition, and it should be checked.
Answered on Oct 6, 2017
10