my 3 year old has enlarged tonsillitis. dr says antibiotics wont work. he has to get them removed. i want all ideas to cure him naturally only. thanks?

Dr. Mark Diamond
No Known Natural: For enlarged tonsils the only natural cure is time and patience to see if they shrink. If the child is not sick and has no sleep apnea or breathing problems, you may be able to give it some time. But there is no natural remedy.
Dr. R. Keith Hill
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 22 years experience
No quick fix: I see enlarged tonsils daily and that alone is not and indication for tonsillectomy. The most common reason we remove tonsils is sleep disordered breathing and sleep apnea. If your child doesn't have periods where he stops breathing or has very loud snoring with fitful, restless sleep patterns then you have nothing to worry about.