U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What are good ways for me to fix earring hole infections?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Dermatitis vs infect: The question is-is this an allergic metal contact dermatitis or a bacterial infection? Unless there is pus draining from the piercing site, it can be difficult to tell them apart. Repeated warm moist heat packs with a topical antibiotic may help. Sometimes antistaphylococcal antibiotics are necessary. If you are allergic to nickel in the stud, this will probably need to be replaced.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 32-year-old member asked:
Earring infection or allergy, how can I tell?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
What should I do if I have an infection from earrings or allergy to tape?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
Are there any good ways to prevent getting yeast infection again and again?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 52-year-old member asked:
Could you tell me what are good ways to cure internal yeast infections in infants?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
How can I treat an ear infection from my earrings?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 5, 2019

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.