is otitis media painful?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Yes: Often otitis media is painful due to the pressure build up in the middle ear from the infection.
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine 32 years experience
With recurrent otitis media, i often find that the temporal bone is restricted in either internal or external rotation on the affected side. Osteopathic cranial work can assist
Feb 14, 2012
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Yes, very: Om is very painful. It can be treated with a variety of pain relievers and/or surgical techniques.
Dr. Ronda Alexander
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
Indescribably so: I have recent experience with this and now understand why babies are inconsolable when they have an ear infection. There is infected material under pressure in a small space. It is at least 8 out of 10 pain. Treatment should absolutley include pain medication of some sort along with decongestion so that the middle ear can drain. Some cases are also appropriately treated with oral antibiotics.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Yes it can be: It is not always painful but it can be painful in many instances