U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

Is there an easy and fast way to take care of dry, red skin under my eyes?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Ophthalmology 41 years experience
See a dermatologist: What you are describing is eczema of the skin under the eyes. It could be cured with a little topical steroid over the red area and not in the eye. You can try over the counter 1% Hydrocortisone cream, rub over red area twice daily for maximum one week. If not resolved you must see a dermatologist or an ophthalmologist.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.