U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Greenville, SC
A female asked:

The skin around my eyes got inflamed, red and flaky now it has turned dried and flaky. i do not believe this is an allergic reaction but internal?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
"internal"?: Most often this will be atopic dermatitis [eczema]. Sometimes contact dermatitis, either irritant or allergic. There are other, less likely possibilities. Itch? Burning sensation? See a dermatologist if it persists more than a few days. Meanwhile you could use Aquaphor or vaseline.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 14, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.