U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

How do glucose readings work?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Philip Kern
Endocrinology 44 years experience
Diabetes educator: Sounds like you need training in your diabetes. Many endocrinologists work with a certified diabetes educator (cde) who is specially trained to teach you about your diabetes and how to manage it. You should look in your area for someone like this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
132 glucose reading, should I be concerned?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 35-year-old female asked:
Can home glucose meters ever show a higher reading than is actually the case?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 36-year-old male asked:
My glucose reading is 105 after more than 2 hrs of eating. I'm dmt2, is that normal or too low?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old male asked:
What should I do if I have prediabetes 6.8 glucose reading ?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
How does a glucose meter work?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 4, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.