U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

What can i use for bartholin's abscess or cyst if i don't have a doctor?

1 doctor answer8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hanriet Minasian
Internal Medicine 20 years experience
Need to see someone: An abscess will not resolve on its own and needs to be opened up and drained. Otherwise, there is the risk of the infection spreading and becoming more serious. Applying heat to the area will help by promoting circulation and possibly cause cyst to burst and contents to drain, but you still need antibiotics. Keep area clean and put antibiotic ointment until you see someone.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 42-year-old member asked:
I may have Bartholin's gland cyst abscesses. What do they look like?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 20-year-old female asked:
What happens if you have an infected Bartholin cysts or abscess and it ruptures?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Does oral sex cause the Bartholin's cyst abscess?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 23, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.