Shippensburg, PA
A 20-year-old female asked:

What happens if you have an infected bartholin cysts or abscess and it ruptures?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 56 years experience
Bartholin's cysts: A ruptured Bartholin's cyst if infected will generally still require a minor surgical and perhaps antibiotics, so see your gyn provider for an exam and appropriate treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 30-year-old member asked:
How do I know when a Bartholin's gland abscess might rupture?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
If my Bartholin's abscess ruptured should I go see my the obgyn?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
What kind of doctor sees somebody for Bartholin's abscess or cyst?
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A member asked:
Is there an over-the-counter treatment for Bartholin's abscess or cyst?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Feb 9, 2019
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.