Burbank, CA

hi, i noticed three tiny red bumps and red spots under my foot yesterday. they don't hurt or itch in any way. what can be causing them? thanks.

Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
To start with...: It may be athlete's foot. The best otc medication (in my opinion) is lotrimin (clotrimazole) ultra. Socks should be a synthetic material like those manufactured by thorlo [http://www.Thorlo.Com/]. Dilute vinegar soaks are good as well. Dry the inside of your shoes by placing them up-side down over an air return vent at home overnight. If this doesn't make things better in a couple days, see a podiatrist.
Dr. Arnold Zuckman
Podiatry 42 years experience
It may be nothing ..: It is impossible to determine the cause with such minimal history. It is possible that it is the early stages of chronic athletes foot. This sometimes is non-itchy nor painful. Wait and see if it gets worse or if the symptoms change, you might get a better answer then.

Last updated Dec 17, 2016