is it ok to use crutches wen ankle knees and foot hurt due to change in weather conditons and temperature my physio said i shudnt but hurts to walk

2 doctor answers
Dr. Tariq Niazi
43 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Yes,use crutches all: The time, to avoid hurting. Check with your orthopod so he can change his treatment plan as necessary. I don't think weather change should affect the use of the crutches.
Answered on Jun 3, 2013
2
Dr. Wenjay Sung
14 years experience Podiatry
Yes: If you are having pain to any joint, the first recommended treatment is resting that joint. If you feel you need crutches to rest it, then do so. Also, please an orthopedic, rheumatologist or sports med doctor for another evaluation to determine cause of pain. Hope that helps.
Answered on Jun 3, 2013
2