New Zealand

Is it ok to use crutches wen ankle knees and foot hurt due to change in weather conditons and temperature my physio said i shudnt but hurts to walk

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 44 years experience
Yes,use crutches all: The time, to avoid hurting. Check with your orthopod so he can change his treatment plan as necessary. I don't think weather change should affect the use of the crutches.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 15 years experience
Yes: If you are having pain to any joint, the first recommended treatment is resting that joint. If you feel you need crutches to rest it, then do so. Also, please an orthopedic, rheumatologist or sports med doctor for another evaluation to determine cause of pain. Hope that helps.

Last updated Jun 3, 2013