San Diego, CA

on 5/4 my ankle hit my partner's knee and it bruised right away could i have fractured my ankle please help hurts to walk or move it ?

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 14 years experience
Most likely bruise: Unless it was a severe violent action, it's unlikely that you have a serious fracture. You could have a chip or a stress fracture, but those are unlikely. Most likely you have a bone bruise or contusion. This is when your bone swells from the inside due to trauma.
Dr. Joseph Newman
Podiatry 32 years experience
You could of: Pain, swelling, bruising, and difficulty moving or walking can be signs of an ankle fracture. See a doctor about getting it x-rayed. Good luck.

Last updated May 7, 2013