U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked about a male:

My son has blistery spots around his mouth and anus?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeremy Adler
A Verified Doctoranswered
28 years experience
See doctor: Blisters or other sores around mouth and anus can be caused by several conditions. There are infections such as herpes viruses that can do this. Crohn's disease and chronic granulomatous disease can do this too. He should be seen by your pediatrician. If its not clearly an infection, then he should see a pediatric gastroenterologist. Either way, he needs to be evaluated asap.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 29, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.