United Kingdom (Great Britain)

My son is one next week and has spots on eyebrow area and bottom and 2 near mouth is this chicken pox?

Dr. Christopher Moeller
Dermatology 39 years experience
Spots: Tough to know without seeing the spots. My guess would be it might be molluscum which can spread. See your doc.
Dr. David Holtz
Gynecologic Oncology 24 years experience
See pediatrician: The quick answer is that you should already have a newborn appointment with a pediatrician. Have you had any contact with someone with chicken pox? It is transmitted by contact. While it is most likely normal newborn changes (they can get an acne-like rash), you need to have that newborn visit for the baby's overall health.

Last updated Jul 17, 2013