Acog released study re some adverse outcomes of use of pitocin (oxytocin) in labour augmentation. How worrisome is this for those of us who had pitocin (oxytocin) used?

Dr. Alan Patterson
41 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Pitocin (oxytocin) has been : Used for years and continues to be used if it is used properly it is very safe I use it on almost all of my inductions and to augment labor without inducing and augmenting my patients many could have ended up with problems, some doctors abuse and do not use Pitocin (oxytocin) properly ( not too many) in those cases it can cause problems, Pitocin (oxytocin) has saved many of my pts from c-section have done 5000+delivery.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014