could forcing yourself to urinate while partially erect give you a uti?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
No: There is no danger of that happening.

My urine has been dark and/or cloudy for around 8 weeks. My urine sample showed traces of blood and protein. Should I worry?

Dr. Timothy Gorski
See your doctor!: I wouldn't worry - i would see my doctor! worry is not going to help. Seeing your doctor and having further testing will help show what, if anything, is wrong. And, yes, it could be serious! see your doctor!
Inver Grove Heights, MN

What can cause a foul odor in urine, thats not an std?

Dr. Vance Harris
Bladder infection: Foul-smelling urine can come from a bladder infection or even from certain foods that we eat. Stds do not usually effect the bladder and i wouldn't think they are responsible for the foul-smelling urine. More than likely it is from a bladder infection. Vaginal infections can sometimes have an odor as well and may be difficult to distinguish from odor caused by urine.

How long do UTI symptoms last. Been on cipro (ciprofloxacin) since weds. Am voiding better but still have need to go all the time.?

Dr. Vance Harris
One day or one week: Since today is thursday i assume you have only been on medication for one day and it takes more time than that for symptoms to resolve. If you have been on medication for a week then you need to see the dr. Because you may have resistant organism to cipro (ciprofloxacin). That is not uncommon.
Philippines

How effective is ciprofloxacin as anti biotic for uti. How long does it take to take effect?

Dr. Ish Rawal
Good: Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is one of the most commonly prescribed abx for uti. Symptomatic improvement can start happening within 24-48 hours provided bug is sensitive to it.

Please tell me can forcing yourself to urinate while partially erect give you a uti?

Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
No: Bladder neck tends to close when UR erect. Purpose is that you would have antegrade ejaculation, should this occur. Partially closed bladder neck is reason why you have to force urine out if UR erect. Will not cause a UTI

Last updated Jun 6, 2013