U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

What to if i am suffering from really pain full hemorrhoids can anyone give me a remedy thanks?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Surgery 40 years experience
First: Need an exam to be sure what you have. A thrombosed external hemorrhoid is a painful lump at the anal opening from a blood clot in a small vein. They usually resolve in a few days with warm bath soaks and you can try a pain medicine over the counter (ibuprofen, etc.). External thrombosed hemorrhoids can be removed in a doctor's office. Internal hemorrhoids can be banded in a doctor's office.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 44-year-old member asked:
What hemorrhoid treatment options are available for reducing pain?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
When should you seek medical treatment for excessive hemorrhoid bleeding?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
Can there be an oral treatment for internal hemorrhoids?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
What is the treatment to shrink or remove external hemorrhoids?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated May 28, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.