what sort of problem does ambien (zolpidem) treat?

Dr. James Fox
Dr. James Fox answered
Insomnia-temporarily: Ambien (zolpidem) is a medication taken at bedtime for insomnia and really has no other use. It is indicated for short term use. I tell patients to take the medication when they are in bed as it can sometimes cause periods of amnesia between when it is taken and when you go to sleep.
Dr. Laura Davies
Difficulty Sleeping: Ambien (zolpidem) is a prescription medicine that is used after sleep hygiene has failed-- same bedtime, no caffeine after 1pm, exercise but not too close to bedtime, avoiding alcohol. It is also important to make sure there are no other issues such as anxiety or depression, or medical conditions such as thyroid disorders.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
Ambien (zolpidem): It works if you take the medicine & put your head down on pillow.