A member asked:

Will i need to see an endocronologist if i am taking 88mg of synthroid (thyroxine)?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Alan Ali answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Thyroid: Yes, definitely, so they can monitor your thyroid status.

Answered 7/7/2013


Dr. David Sneid answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

You can see: An endocrinologist, but a good pcp should be able to manage a simple thyroid case such as this. It needs to be checked once/year if stable and continue brand name replacement only.

Answered 9/7/2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor