Milwaukee, WI

Every day, i constantly clear my throat. i do it every minute or less. if i try not to, i get a tight feeling in my chest. what could this be?

Dr. Brian Affleck
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Throat clearing: If you think about where the throat is, it is situated in the middle of a crossroads, so to speak. Food and water go down when you eat or drink and air passes when you breathe. Your mouth and nose are above your voice box and your stomach is below. Post-nasal drainage could cause your symptoms and this could be allergies. Reflux can also be coming from your stomach and causing the same issue.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 19, 2016