A male asked:
My 5 year old (he turns 6 tomorrow) just swallowed a 1 CM diameter magnetic marble from a game. Should i worry, or will it just pass?
1 doctor answer
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER answered
37 years experience in Pediatrics
Call your doctor: A single magnet is not immediately dangerous, but when there is more than one, it can be quite serious. Strong magnets can stick together in the intestines causing erosion of the lining, perforations, and other emergencies. Call your doctor so a x-ray can be done to find out where the magnet is and insure that there is only one! advise your child never to put magnets in his mouth!
Answered on May 17, 2013
90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:
People also searched for:
Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute!